WDOL.gov is part of the Integrated Acquisition Environment,
one of the E-Government initiatives in the President’s Management Agenda.
It is a collaborative effort of the Office of Management and Budget,
Department of Labor, Department of Defense, General Services Administration,
Department of Energy, and Department of Commerce.
- WDOL.GOV - General.
- Purpose: This website provides a single location for federal contracting officers to use in obtaining appropriate Service Contract Act (SCA) and Davis-Bacon Act (DBA) wage determinations (WDs) for each official contract action - new solicitations, resolicitations, options, extensions, or any other action requiring the most current and applicable WD. The website is available to the general public as well. Guidance in selecting WDs from this website is provided in this WDOL.GOV User's Guide. Alternatively, contracting officers may also use the Department of Labor's (DOL's) "e98" website to submit a request for SCA WDs for use on official contract actions. In some instances, the WDOL.GOV Program will not contain the appropriate SCA WD and contracting officers will be directed to use DOL's e98 website in order to obtain the required SCA WD. DOL will either provide the contracting officer with an SCA WD through the e98 system or advise them that no wage determination is applicable to the contract. Questions pertaining to the application of contract labor standards or the selection of appropriate WDs for specific contract actions should be referred to the contracting officer or to the designated Agency Labor Advisor who, in turn, may refer the question to DOL. DOL has responsibility for final rulings regarding coverage and WDs under SCA and DBA. Questions pertaining to this website should be referred to the WDOL.GOV Webmaster. Questions pertaining to DOL's e98 website should be referred to DOL.
- Responsibility: The WDOL.GOV Program and this User's Guide does not relieve the contracting officer, or other program user, of the requirement to carefully review the contract or solicitation, the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and its Supplements, other federal agency acquisition regulations, or the DOL regulations related to these actions. If DOL discovers and determines, whether before or after contract award, that a contracting officer failed to include an appropriate SCA or DBA WD in a covered contract, the contracting officer, within 30 days of notification by DOL, shall include in the contract the applicable WD issued by DOL. (Reference Title 29 CFR Part 1, Section 1.6(f); Part 4, Sections 4.5(c) (2) and 4.101(b); and FAR Part 22, Subsection 22.404-9 and Section 22.1015).
- Description of the WDOL Program: The WDOL.GOV Program is designed to direct the user to the appropriate WD for a specific contract action. The user must complete a series of menus (questions) pertaining to that contract action in order to obtain a copy of the applicable WD. If the user does not enter the correct information in the menu process for the specific contract action, they may receive an incorrect WD for the proposed contract action. The WDOL.gov program is best used with Internet Explorer Version 5.0 or greater capability. Questions pertaining to a specific contract action should be referred to the responsible contracting officer. Users should know the details of the solicitation, including the statement of work, predecessor contract(s) if any, locality (state and county) where the work will be performed, and the contracting agency and officer, in order to select the correct SCA or DBA WD for any specific contract action.
- Who May Use the WDOL.GOV Program: Federal, state, and local contracting agencies, contractors, labor organizations, contractor associations, employees, and all other interested parties may use the WDOL.GOV Program. Review the User's Guide carefully, and use the resources on the WDOL.GOV Library Page to learn about the application of contract labor standards, and contact the specific contracting officer and/or the agency labor advisor for advice and guidance. Users should note that the only WDs applicable to a particular solicitation or contract are those that have been incorporated by the contracting officer in that contract action.
- Using DOL's "e98" Process:
5. Using DOL's "e98" Process: Contracting officers may elect to use the e98 request form for any SCA-covered contract action. Also, if a contracting officer cannot determine an appropriate SCA WD within the WDOL.GOV database for use in an official federal contract action, the contracting officer must request an official SCA WD from DOL by completing the "e98" at DOL's website. Most requests are processed immediately. Some requests will require research and DOL may need additional time to respond. DOL's "e98" website is solely for the use of federal contracting officers. General inquiries from interested parties may be directed to WHD-TheWiz@dol.gov.